Recipe: Mini Brie and Apple Sandwich Crostini with Pepsi Dijon Glaze
Yields about 24 crostini
Ingredients for the Pepsi Dijon Glaze:
- ¼ c. Pepsi
- ¾ c. Brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp. Dijon Mustard, or to taste
- Pinch of salt
Ingredients for the crostini:
- 1 Baguette, cut into 24 slices
- 1 c. Arugula
- 2 tbsp. Fresh lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 oz. Double cream brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
In a medium bowl, whisk the ingredients for the Pepsi Dijon Glaze. Set aside.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place baguette slices on a large cookie sheet. Bake until lightly toasted, for 10-15 minutes.
Meanwhile, add arugula to a large bowl and toss with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Slice the brie and apple.
Layer the ingredients in this order: toasted crostini, Pepsi Dijon Glaze, slice of brie, one slice of apple and arugula.
Enjoy it all, right in time for the holidays in the Carolinas.
Photos and recipe by Jess Bentley, @SliceofJess.